In This Episode
We get meta. Sam gets his paws dirty with etymology, Bryan thinks up ways to make us smarter, and Sean forces Sam to do ungodly things to please you — the listener. Like what you hear? Subscribe on iTunes! Want to tell someone your opinions? Give us some feedback! Mad that you didn't win the lottery? Buy more tickets!
Links to what we talked about, and follow-up info we dug up after we recorded.
- What is a podcast?
- Sam: Where the word podcast came from
- Ben Hammersley, the Podcast Word Birther
- Net Casting (video)
- Netscape still exists
- Web Accessibility
- Apple’s VoiceOver: OS X and iOS
- Alt and Title tags
- What is a Meme?
- Reddit’s CaptionBot
- Reddit’s CationBot
- The first talkie: The Jazz Singer (IMDB)
- What are radio waves?
- iPhone Introduction: The Internet Communicator
- Ben Hammersley, tattoos and all
- Bryan: Podcasting as an educational medium
- Sean: The whole process of listening to podcasts